VSP monthly plan
Busy and serious people who are ready to improve their credit profiles and scores, we do all the work so you can achieve your financial dreams as quickly as possible
Pay-per-item/deletion. Risk-Free Credit Repair Service, we guarantee you wont pay unless we get you results. Payment is strictly for deleted items. If we don’t get you any results in 90 days we will refund your credit audit fee. Results is the name of the game.
DIY Credit Reapir Kit
What we do you can do it yourself if you have the time, patience and passion to learn new things (Do it yourself)
If you have questions we would love to show you how we can help you.
You can’t drive how you want, you have to follow the traffic laws. Just like traffic laws the banks, credit bureaus, and creditors have credit laws they need to follow. A lot of times banks, credit bureaus, and collection agencies don’t follow these laws when reporting derogatory accounts.
The good news for you is that the Burden of proof is on the creditors and credit bureaus to prove they have properly complied. Our job is to find what they are doing wrong and leverage the laws to remove the accounts from their credit.
Audit: The first step is to identify the problems and issues holding back your credit with a comprehensive credit analysis.
Challenge: Using consumer protection laws we file factual disputes to challenge the errors on the derogatory items holding back your credit
Repeat: If items come back “verified” we escalate the dispute process and even include the creditors in the dispute process
Q: Is credit repair legal?
A: Yes, credit repair is legal. In fact, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, people have a right to an accurate credit report. Companies that legitimately help achieve this are simply supporting those rights with experience and professional guidance. That being said, there are companies that run credit repair scams. Companies that ask for large payments up front or guarantee a clean credit report or improved credit score may not be legitimate. It’s illegal for a credit repair company to make a guarantee.
Q: Can a credit repair company remove late payments?
A: Inaccurate reports about late payments are, in many cases, one of the easier things to get removed. An individual can send a letter to the credit bureau in question with a copy of a statement or canceled check showing that they made the payment on time. That may be enough for the item to be removed. If the payment was made on time but wasn’t appropriately recorded by the creditor, you may need professional help from a credit repair expert to address the issue.
**Q: How long does a repo stay on your credit report?A:**A car repossession and many other negative items reported to the credit bureaus stay on credit reports for up to seven years. That’s from the original date of the delinquency on the loan. Credit repair can’t remove legitimate negative items, including repossessions, from credit reports if they’re within the standard timeline.
Q: Do credit repair companies work?A: Yes, credit repair companies can make use of legal protections to repair some issues related to people’s credit. That includes asking the credit bureaus to remove inaccurate negative items. Individuals have a legal right to a fair and accurate credit report, and if a company mistakenly reports a payment as late or someone is the victim of fraud, for example, the bureaus have a burden to investigate and remove the inaccurate information.
Q: How long does it take to repair credit?A: Simple inaccurate items might be deleted in 30-45 days, as that’s how long the credit bureau has to investigate and respond to a dispute letter. If the reporting creditor responds with documentation to support the negative item, individuals might need to disprove that information and the matter can take longer. • Inaccurate late payment: 30-45 days • Inaccurate missed payment: 30-45 days • Numerous issues from multiple creditors: A few months • Fraud or identity theft: Several months to a year or more • Rebuilding poor credit: A positive impact is possible within a few months, but building credit is a long-term process
Q: Can I repair my own credit?A: Yes, individuals can use many tools a credit repair company uses, including credit dispute letters. But this involves a lot of research and administrative work that credit repair pros are equipped to handle quickly and efficiently. They can also pursue these disputes more aggressively than you may be able to yourself, as you might be attending to other obligations, such as family and work.
Q: Can credit repair companies remove charge offs?A: Yes, a credit repair company may be able to get a charge off removed from a credit report. The credit repair company has to prove the charge off is inaccurate. An example of how a charge off might be inaccurate is a situation in which payments were made when the transfer of the debt to a new company was illegal under the contract.
Q: Can credit repair companies remove bankruptcies?A: A Chapter 7 bankruptcy can stay on someone’s credit report for up to 10 years from the original petition date. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy can stay on someone’s credit report for up to 7 years from the original petition date. Credit repair companies may be able to dispute a bankruptcy reported on someone’s credit history if it’s not their bankruptcy or if it’s appearing outside of the date range stated above.
**Q: Can a credit repair company remove late payments?A:**Inaccurate reports about late payments are, in many cases, one of the easier things to get removed. An individual can send a letter to the credit bureau in question with a copy of a statement or canceled check showing that they made the payment on time. That may be enough for the item to be removed. If the payment was made on time but wasn’t appropriately recorded by the creditor, you may need professional help from a credit repair expert to address the issue.
q: how do you repair credit after identity theft?
A: Repairing credit following identity theft can be complex. Here are some important steps to follow in addition to hiring professional help.
- Notify creditors and banks as soon as possible. Many may provide protections that limit a person’s liability, but the coverage works best when issues are reported right away.
- Report the issue to the Federal Trade Commission.
- Make a report to the local police to get an official report document.
- Request a credit freeze so the fraudsters can’t get credit in the person’s name in the future.
- Check credit reports and look for inaccurate information related to the fraud.
- Work with a credit repair company to dispute that information.
How do I enroll in your program?
Follow these simple steps to get started.
1) Schedule your FREE consultation here
2) Be on the lookout for a confirmation email detailing your time slot and next steps. Carefully follow those instructions to ensure a productive consult.
3) If you are a fit for our program, we usually onboard the same day so we can start working on your credit profile right away!
How much does the program cost?
Is performance based you don’t pay unless we get deletions
Audit Fee $199 plus $50/deleted item
- Do you have a guarantee?
- Yes! We guarantee a full refund if there are no deletions in 120 days of uninterrupted service.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- You have up to 7 days to cancel.
- What is the ROI of your program?
- After completing our credit restoration and coaching program. Our clients typically purchase their dream homes, qualify for higher limit credit cards, buy a new car get all this at the lowest interest rates.
- How long does it take to repair my credit?
- Each situation is different and usually requires its own unique strategy.
On average your expected timeframe in our credit repair program ranges from 3 to 8 months. Depending on your credit situation 40-70% of the results are got in the first 90days.
After your free consultation, you will have a better sense of how long you can relatively expect to be in the program.
- What type of payment methods do you accept?
- We accept all major credit/debit cards.
- What are the hours I can speak with a Credit Expert?
- We are available to take calls from M-F 9 AM -5PM Eastern Standard Time. In most cases, it’s best to schedule a call or email us. This will ensure a faster response.
- What are your hours of operation?
Our business hours are 10AM – 6PM Monday through Friday
Saturdays from 11AM – 5PM Eastern Standard Time.